Planning and implementation of development activities of the Ministry.
Role of the Division
Initiate actions/ projects/ programmes related to the development of the media industry in Sri Lanka.
The Main Activities of the Division
- Planning and implementation activities related to the development of the Media industry.
- Formulation of the State Media Policy and the code of ethics for the media industry in Sri Lanka.
- Formulation of the regulations related to the Acts of the Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation and the Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation.
- Issuing License for Television Channels and Radio Broadcasting services.
- Provision of financial assistance for Media personnel to improve the quality of the service and professionalism.
- Implementation of a Pension scheme for Media Personnel.
- Review the progress in performance of the affiliated institutions.
Special programmes / Projects / Workshop
- Mahinda Rajapakse National Tele Cinema Park
- Special ProgrammesÂÂÂ arrow
- Establishment of the National Broadcasting Development Authority.
- Introduction of Digital Technology for television
- Formulation of National Media broadcasting Ratings.
Forms / Acts / Regulations
- Provision of Financial Assistance for Education/Training Courses of Journalists
- Media Regulations
- Concessionary Credit Facilities for Media Personnel for the purchase of Computers, Motorcycles, Camera and Fax Machines
Mr. B. K. S. Ravindra
Designation : Director (Development)
|Mrs. H. Kulathunga
Designation : Director (Planning))
Telephone : 011-2513 351
Fax : 011-2513 350
|Mrs. M. C. S. Devasurendra
Designation : Assistant Director (Planning)
Telephone : 011-2512 052
Fax : 011-2512 343
|Mrs. Harshika Weeraratne
Designation : Assistant Secretary (Development)
Telephone : 011-2513 451
Fax : 011-2513 462